Summit of Great Wall Challenge Hiking: Two-day from Simatai West to Lianhuachi (private)
Trip name: Summit of Great Wall Challenge Hiking:
Two-day from Simatai West to Lianhuachi (private)
Trip code: GWTA27
Trip length: 2 Days
Hiking sections: Simatai West, Jinshanling, Gubeikou, Jiankou, Mutianyu & Lianhuachi
Meeting point and time: Your hotel at 7:00 Day 1
Finishing point and time: Your hotel at 17:00 – 18:00 on Day 2(Dependent on traffic)
Hiking duration: 7 – 7.5 hours on Day 1; 6.5 – 7 hours on Day 2
Hiking distance: 14 km on Day 1; 10 km on Day 2
Best time to go: April/May/September/October, it’s very hot (30-35 C) in June/July/August
Physical rating: ★★★★★ Strenuous
Departure: Your selected date, start and finish in Beijing, March to November
- Wild Great Wall at Gubeikou, Simatai West, Jiankou & Lianhuachi
- Partially restored Great Wall at Jinshanling & Mutianyu
- Stunning photo opportunity of the Great Wall
- Countryside-style food at local farmer’s guesthouse
- Challenging hiking route
- Air-con vehicle with experienced driver
- Personal expert English-speaking hiking tour guide
- Entrance fees for the Great Wall
- One night twin-shared accommodation at local farmer’s guesthouse
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks; late lunch at farmers restaurant after hike
- A certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
- Travel insurance
- Cable car, chairlift or any other additional local facilities
- Personal expenses
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
What to take
- Comfortable hiking boots,
- First aid kit,
- Lip balm, cap
- Day pack
- There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Gubeikou, Simatai West and Jiankou. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Please don’t make any appointment after the trip as the return depending on the traffic between 5-6 pm.
- You will be followed by local farmers at Jinshanling. The farmers will give you help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs. If you don’t like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be persistent and follow you all the way on the Wall.
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van today, and you need a day pack to carry them.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
- It’s recommended to prepare some snacks before your departure from Beijing if you don’t like snickers.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travellers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.
Download Tour Information
Want to print out the tour information for later reference, sending to a friend or printing?
Click on the PDF picture below to download the tour information for this tour!
Book online now with our easy to use booking system, just click the button below to reserve your one in a life time experience on the Great Wall!
All Bookings are secure and are confirmed within 24hrs
For full information and details on our Booking conditions. Please feel free to visit the following page:
Or you may download the full Booking Conditions as a PDF By clicking on the PDF icon below:
Days before departure Charge applicable:
Not less than 14 days: Loss of deposit
Between 7 and 13 days: Loss of 50% of the total booking cost or loss of deposit; whichever is the greater
6 days or less: Loss of total booking cost