Magic Great Wall Hiking: Two-day Jiankou to Simatai West (private)
Trip name: Magic Great Wall Hiking:
Two-day Jiankou to Simatai West (private)
Trip code: GWPA22
Trip length: 2 Days
Hiking sections: Jiankou, Mutianyu, Jinshanling and Simatai West
Meeting point and time: Your hotel at 8:00 Day 1
Finishing point and time: Your hotel at 16:00 on Day 2
Hiking duration: 5 hours on Day 1; 3 hours on Day 2
Hiking distance: 10 km on Day 1; 5 km on Day 2
Best time to go: March to early November
Physical rating: ★★★★☆ Demanding
Departure: Your selected date, start and finish in Beijing, all year round
- Untouched sections of the Great Wall at Jiankou & Simatai West
- Restored sections of the Great Wall at Mutianyu & Jinshanling
- Accommodation and food at local farmer’s guesthouse
- Stunning photo opportunity of the Great Wall
- Hotpot lunch
- Air-con vehicle with experienced driver
- Personal expert English-speaking hiking tour guide
- Entrance fees for the Great Wall
- One night twin-shared accommodation at local farmer’s guesthouse
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks; meals as listed in itinerary
- A certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
- Travel insurance
- Cable car, chairlift, toboggan (slideway) or any other additional local facilities
- Personal expenses
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
What to take
- Comfortable boots,
- First aid kit,
- Lip balm, cap
- Day pack
- You will hike the Wall from A to B every day and your belongings will go with the can/van directly to the accommodation, and you need a day pack to carry water, snacks and other stuff.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers. It is strongly encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Jiankou, Mutianyu, Jinshanling and Simatai West, otherwise be prepared to commune with nature. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van every day.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
- You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike on Day 2. The farmers will give you help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs. If you don’t like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be persistent and follow you all the way on the Wall.
- It’s recommended to prepare some snacks before your departure from Beijing if you don’t like snickers.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.
Customized Pick-up & drop-off:
If you plan the hike on the first or last day of your duration in Beijing, we can include a customized pick-up or drop-off at the following points without additional cost. It’s safe to store your luggage at our car/van.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK at T1/T2/T3): arrival before 7am or departure after 7pm
- Beijing Railway Station: arrival before 8am or departure after 7pm
- Beijing West Railway Station (train to/from Xi’an): arrival before 8am or departure after 7:30pm
- Beijing South Railway Station (train to/from Shanghai): arrival before 8am or departure after 7pm
Download Tour Information
Want to print out the tour information for later reference, sending to a friend or printing?
Click on the PDF picture below to download the tour information for this tour!
Book online now with our easy to use booking system, just click the button below to reserve your one in a life time experience on the Great Wall!
All Bookings are secure and are confirmed within 24hrs
For full information and details on our Booking conditions. Please feel free to visit the following page:
Or you may download the full Booking Conditions as a PDF By clicking on the PDF icon below:
Days before departure Charge applicable:
Not less than 14 days: Loss of deposit
Between 7 and 13 days: Loss of 50% of the total booking cost or loss of deposit; whichever is the greater
6 days or less: Loss of total booking cost