Hiking and Sleeping on the Great Wall (2-day private)
Trip name: Hiking and Sleeping on the Great Wall (2-day private)
Trip code: GWPS21
Trip length: 2 Days
Hiking sections: Huanghuacheng and Xishuiyu
Meeting point and time: Your hotel at 14:00 on Day 1 between May and September on Day, 13:00 on Day 1 between October and April
Finishing point and time: Your hotel at 14:00 on Day 2
Hiking duration: 1.5 hours on Day 2, 4 hours on Day 1,
Best time to go: Late March to early November
Physical rating: ★★★☆☆ Moderate
Departure: Your selected date, start and finish in Beijing, all year round
- Hiking on wild and original section of the Great Wall at Xishuiyu
- Hiking on partially restored section of the Great Wall at Huanghuacheng
- Sleeping in one of the ancient military watchtowers on the Great Wall
- Amazing sunrise on the Great Wall
- Stunning photo opportunity of the Great Wall
- Countryside-style food at local farmer’s restaurant
- Air-con vehicle with experienced driver
- Personal expert English-speaking hiking tour guide
- Entrance fees for the Great Wall
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks; meals as listed
- A certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
- Travel insurance
- Any other additional local facilities
- Personal expenses
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
What to take
- Comfortable boots,
- First aid kit,
- Lip balm, cap
- You need a day pack to carry water, snacks and other stuff.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is strongly encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Huanghuacheng or at the end of Xishuiyu, otherwise be prepared to commune with nature. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our vehicle.
- We will bring trekking poles in our vehicle and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Since this trip will go through jungles and bushes, then long pants with zip-off legs will be the best in summer time and shorts are not recommended.
- We’re not able to guarantee good weather. If the weather is really bad (heavy rain or thunderstorm in June/ July/August) at night, we will shift you to a local guesthouse without additional charge.
- It’s recommended to prepare your own snacks before your departure from Beijing if you don’t like snickers.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.
Customized Pick-up & drop-off:
If you plan the hike on the first or last day of your duration in Beijing, we can include a customized pick-up or drop-off at the following points without additional cost. It’s safe to store your luggage at our car/van.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK at T1/T2/T3): arrival before 12:00 or departure after 14:00
- Beijing Railway Station: arrival before 13:00 or departure after 14:00
- Beijing West Railway Station (train to/from Xi’an): arrival before 13:00 or departure after 14:00
- Beijing South Railway Station (train to/from Shanghai): arrival before 13:00 or departure after 14:00
Download Tour Information
Want to print out the tour information for later reference, sending to a friend or printing?
Click on the PDF picture below to download the tour information for this tour!
Book online now with our easy to use booking system, just click the button below to reserve your one in a life time experience on the Great Wall!
All Bookings are secure and are confirmed within 24hrs
For full information and details on our Booking conditions. Please feel free to visit the following page:
Or you may download the full Booking Conditions as a PDF By clicking on the PDF icon below:
Days before departure Charge applicable:
Not less than 14 days: Loss of deposit
Between 7 and 13 days: Loss of 50% of the total booking cost or loss of deposit; whichever is the greater
6 days or less: Loss of total booking cost