Small Group Highlight of Great Wall Hiking: One-day from Simatai West to Jinshanling
Trip name: Small Group Highlight of Great Wall Hiking:One-day from Simatai West to Jinshanling
Trip code: GWGA11
Trip length: 1 Day
Hiking sections: Simatai West and Jinshanling
Meeting time: 08:00am; The traffic in Beijing is very busy in morning rush hours, please make your own way at least 15 minutes earlier; it’s difficult to wait for your late arrival as a group tour
Meeting & Finishing point: See Details below
Finishing point and time: 17:00 – 18:00 (Dependent on traffic)
Hiking duration: 3 Hours
Hiking distance: 6km
Physical rating: ★★★☆☆ Moderate
Guaranteed departure: daily between 16th March to 15th November; Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday between 16th November to 15th March; even for one single traveler
McDonald’s at Oriental Kenzo, 48 Dongzhimenwai Dajie. 东直门外大街东方银座麦当劳
Meeting directions: Dongzhimen Station, subway line 2, Exit C. Turn right after getting out of the exit. Our guide will hold a blue Great Wall Hiking logo at the gate on ground floor of McDonald’s. Please note that there are two McDonald’s on both sides of the street, the meeting point is at subway Exit C side. The McDonald’s is next to the shopping mall entrance and you have to go over the parking lot.
USD 136 per person
Children between 12 and 6 receive 30% discount. Children under 5 are not allowed to take this tour.
Remember when comparing price, you get what you pay for. We don’t earn money by taking you to commissioned shopping stops, a common practice in China, wasting your time. Our guides are carefully selected, highly trained and well-paid to be friendly and patient travel companions. We are not the cheapest, but we are one of the best.
- Wild Great Wall at Simatai West
- Partially restored Great Wall at Jinshanling
- Stunning photo opportunity of the Great Wall
- Countryside-style food at local farmer’s restaurant
- Small group of maximum 8 travellers
- Air-con vehicle with experienced driver
- Personal expert English-speaking hiking tour guide
- Entrance fees for the Great Wall
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks; late lunch at farmers restaurant after hike
- A certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
- Travel insurance
- Cable car, chairlift, toboggan (slideway), flyingfox (zipline) or any other additional local facilities
- Personal expenses
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
What to take
- Comfortable shoes or boots,
- Lip balm, cap
- Day pack
- There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Simatai West and Jinshanling. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Please don’t make any appointment after the trip as the return depending on the traffic between 5-6 pm.
- You will be followed by local farmers when starting the hike. The farmers will give you help along the way, as a reward they will sell some souvenirs. If you don’t like this, you have to say NO firmly at the beginning (MAYBE LATER does not work in Chinese culture) or just ignore them and not speak a word with them; otherwise they can be persistent and follow you all the way on the Wall.
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van today, and you need a day pack to carry them.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travellers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.
Download Tour Information
Want to print out the tour information for later reference, sending to a friend or printing?
Click on the PDF picture below to download the tour information for this tour!
Book online now with our easy to use booking system, just click the button below to reserve your one in a life time experience on the Great Wall!
All Bookings are secure and are confirmed within 24hrs
For full information and details on our Booking conditions. Please feel free to visit the following page:
Or you may download the full Booking Conditions as a PDF By clicking on the PDF icon below:
Days before departure Charge applicable:
Not less than 14 days: Loss of deposit
Between 7 and 13 days: Loss of 50% of the total booking cost or loss of deposit; whichever is the greater
6 days or less: Loss of total booking cost