Glory of Great Wall Hiking: One-day at Mutianyu (private)
Trip name: Glory of Great Wall Hiking:
One-day at Mutianyu (private)
Trip code: GWPA13
Trip length: 1 Day
Hiking sections: Mutianyu
Meeting point and time: Your hotel at 08:00
Finishing point and time: Your hotel at 15:00
Hiking duration: 2.5 hours
Hiking distance: 5 km
Best time to go: Late March to early November
Physical rating: ★★★☆☆ Moderately Easy
Departure: Your selected date, start and finish in Beijing, all year round
- Fully restored Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Stunning photo opportunity of the Great Wall
- Toboggan ride downhill (optional)
- Air-con vehicle with experienced driver
- Personal expert English-speaking hiking tour guide
- Entrance fees for the Great Wall
- One-way Uphill cable car
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks; late lunch at local farmer’s restaurant after the hike
- A certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
- Travel insurance
- Downhill Cable car, chairlift, toboggan (slideway) or any other additional local facilities
- Personal expenses
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
What to take
- Comfortable shoes or boots,
- Lip balm, cap
- Day pack
- Toilet along the path on the Wall is busy and crowded. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
- Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van today, and you need a day pack to carry them.
- We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
- It’s recommended to prepare some snacks before your departure from Beijing if you don’t like snickers.
- Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
- As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.
Customized Pick-up & drop-off:
If you plan the hike on the first or last day of your duration in Beijing, we can include a customized pick-up or drop-off at the following points without additional cost. It’s safe to store your luggage at our car/van.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK at T1/T2/T3): arrival before 9am or departure after 5pm
- Beijing Railway Station: arrival before 10am or departure after 5pm
- Beijing West Railway Station (train to/from Xi’an): arrival before 10am or departure after 5:30pm
- Beijing South Railway Station (train to/from Shanghai): arrival before 10am or departure after 5pm
Download Tour Information
Want to print out the tour information for later reference, sending to a friend or printing?
Click on the PDF picture below to download the tour information for this tour!
Book online now with our easy to use booking system, just click the button below to reserve your one in a life time experience on the Great Wall!
All Bookings are secure and are confirmed within 24hrs
For full information and details on our Booking conditions. Please feel free to visit the following page:
Or you may download the full Booking Conditions as a PDF By clicking on the PDF icon below:
Days before departure Charge applicable:
Not less than 14 days: Loss of deposit
Between 7 and 13 days: Loss of 50% of the total booking cost or loss of deposit; whichever is the greater
6 days or less: Loss of total booking cost